Friday, July 29, 2011

COURIER MAIL ARTICLE DATED 28/07/11 Letter written by Max Sica to Corrective Services and their letter of response





Letter sent by Max Sica to corrective services and above is their reply

(below this post you will find both Affidavits from Max Sica and his wife. Below those you will find another post containing transcripts from THE QUEEN VS MASSIMO SICA regarding these matters.)


COURIER MAIL ARTICLE 28/07/11

ACCUSED triple murderer Massimo "Max" Sica has launched Supreme Court action is a bid to overturn a ruling by prison authorities preventing his five-year-old daughter from visiting him in jail while he awaits trial.

Sica and his wife, Shivanjani Sica, have lodged documents into court seeking a judicial review over a decision by the Queensland Department of Corrective Services and Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre preventing jail-house visits by their daughter, Nakiesha Sica, for almost two-and-a-half years.

Sica is accused of killing Neelma Singh, 24, her brother Kunal, 18, and sister Sidhi, 12, more than eight years ago.

The siblings were found dead in a spa at their parents' Bridgeman Downs home on April 22, 2003.

He is also awaiting charges on unrelated sex offences.

Court documents viewed by The Courier-Mail this morning reveal Sica and his wife want their daughter to see the accused killer in a bid to maintain their close father-daughter relationship.

Sica, in an affidavit lodged into court on Monday, said: "I have not been allowed to see my daughter Nakiesha or any of my other children (he has another daughter Brittany) since I was imprisoned on or about December 29 2008."

"When I was jailed I had made numerous verbal requests for access to see my daughter's (sic) and was advised by staff at Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre (at Wacol, west of Brisbane) that I was unable to as I had been charged with sex offences."

Sica said he had the "full support" of his wife, Shivanjani, and was seeking a judicial review in the wake of legal advice he received in February this year.

"For the last two years and five months I have been refused access to see my daughter by (corrective services and the Arthur Gorrie officials," Sica says in his affidavit.

"I have the full support of my wife Shivanjani ... in this matter to see my daughter in order to keep a continuing relationship with my daughter as her father."

A date has yet to be listed for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment